Warsaw Spies Behind the Iron Curtain is an adventure, during which you will learn about the Cold War in Warsaw, the history of the imposition and fall of communism, told by the city and its inhabitants.
Become a City Spy.
During the tour you learn to read the language of the city immortalized in his layout, architecture, commemorations, decorations, language with which it will present you an unusual fate of its inhabitants during the Cold War. You’ll also learn how ironic the history can be.
Explore places and people, whose lives often influenced the history of Poland and the world:
- the man who stopped Lenin and Stalin in their conquest of Europe,
- the palace where the Cold War began and ended,
- the first non-Italian pope in 455 years, who with his visit crushed the grip of the system,
- the secret agent, who prevented World War III,
- the only volunteer to Auschwitz, murdered after the war by the communists,
- the priest, whose voice the communists, despite the murder on him, never managed to silence,
- the war, in which the communists attacked their own nation,
- the only communist skyscraper outside the former USSR,
- the communist district which covered the pre-war Warsaw,
- Warsaw’s largest colonnade, hidden in a ministry.
- pick-up with the spy-ship at your hotel,
- getting familiar with the equipment of a City Spy and tasks to perform,
- Krasinski Square,
- St Stanislaus Kostka Church,
- Wojska Polskiego Avenue,
- Pilsudski Square,
- Grzybowski Square,
- Konstytucji Square,
- Ministry of Agriculture,
- De Gaulle Roundabout,
- Rakowiecka St,
- drop off at the place you choose.
Duration and cost:
3.5 h; 169 PLN per person.